Opia-Enwemuche Maxwell Onyemaechi Prose Prize
Submission is open for Opia-Enwemuche Maxwell Onyemaechi Prose Prize. The Opia-Enwemuche Maxwell Onyemaechi Prose Prize awarded annually to a chapbook-length work of exceptional fiction or creative nonfiction. The work may be in the form of a long story or essay or a collection of short pieces (60 pages max). Other than the page limit, the only formal requirement is that some aspect of the work explores life in Africa. Special attention is given to stories that exhibit multiple vectors of thinking: artistic, theoretical, social, religious, and political.
Open: 11 July
Deadline: 31 August
Guest Judge: Iwu Jeff & Opia-Enwemuche Maxwell Onyemaechi (Sponsor)
Awards: First place is a NGN 15,000 Cash Prize and NGN 50,000 worth book publishing prize. Three finalists will be announced, and one winner selected.
- Send 15 to 60 double-spaced pages of prose (fiction or nonfiction).
- Simultaneous submissions and previously published work are acceptable.
- All entries must be sent online and must be contained in a single document.
- The author’s name should not appear in the document (.docx or .doc).
The submission deadline is 31 August, 2021, 12 a.m.
- Winner receives a NGN 15,000 Cash Prize and a NGN 50,000 worth book publishing prize.
- The author will have the option to sign a royalties contract to sell the chapbook with Poemify Publishers Inc.
- Poemify Publishers Inc will design, print, and bind the chapbook. The cover will be decided in cooperation with the winning author.
- All finalists will be announced in April of the following year on the Poemify Publishers Inc blog and social media channels.