The Poemify Prose Prize
Open: 15 Sept 2020
Deadline: 15 Mar 2021
Guest Judge: Iwu Jeff
Awards: First place is publication, a NGN 50,000 cash prize, and 10 contributor copies of the winning chapbook. Three finalists will be announced, and all previously unpublished work will be considered for publication as a general submission to the journal.
Reading Fee: NGN 2,500
To submit, click here
Have you got a long asf story that wickedly exceeds the word counts for journals?
Do you have a micro-essay collection you’ve been crafting that’s still too short to publish as a book?
These works deserve to exist in print. The Poemify Prose Prize shall make it possible.
The Poemify Prose Prize is awarded annually to a chapbook-length work of exceptional fiction or creative nonfiction. The work may be in the form of a long story or essay or a collection of short pieces (60 pages max). Other than the page limit, the only formal requirement is that some aspect of the work must inform or explore how place shapes identity, imagination, and understanding.
- Send 15 to 60 double-spaced pages of prose (fiction or nonfiction).
- Simultaneous submissions and previously published work are acceptable.
- All entries must be sent online and must be contained in a single document.
- The author’s name should not appear in the document (.docx or .doc).
- A non-refundable NGN 2,500 reading fee must accompany your work.
The submission deadline is March 15th, 2021, 12 a.m.
- The winner will receive a prize of NGN 50,000 cash prize 10 copies of the published manuscript. The author will have the opportunity to purchase additional copies at a discount.
- The author will have the option to sign a royalties contract to sell the chapbook with Poemify Publishing Inc.
- Poemify Publishing Inc will design, print, and bind the chapbook. The cover will be decided in cooperation with the winning author.
- All finalists will be announced in April of the following year on the Poemify Publishing Inc blog and social media channels.
- Due to the number of submissions, we cannot leave each manuscript personalized feedback. Authors will receive acknowledgment of receipt and panel decision. Check here for notification of the winner.